Written by Calgary Barbell, the 16 week and 8 week programs are designed to improve the squat, bench press, and deadlift of the athlete in preparation for a powerlifting meet. You can, however, run them even if you’re not prepping for a meet. Both programs are quite similar, with the primary difference between the two being that the 16 week program has a more full progression of each lift, whereas the 8 week program is more a training snapshot. [Read more…]
Bench Press 4 Days per Week - Powerlifting Programs
These are bench press programs that call for the athlete to bench 4 days per week.
To search through all programs based on lots of different criteria, check out the Lift Vault Program Library.
- I removed the spreadsheet previews for most of the spreadsheets because of negative impact to page load speed, especially for mobile users. All of the spreadsheets are still there, you will just need to click on the Google Sheets link with the green icon.
- In depth post on GZCLP programs added to new post
- February 26, 2019 (fixed GZCL Jacked & Tan 2.0 spreadsheet – thank you /u/steve_dc)
- February 10, 2019 (added GZCLP)
- January 1, 2019 (added Jacked and Tactical variation)
Ah, yes. The infamous Smolov program for squats and Smolov Jr for squat and/or bench. If you’re willing to build these lifts at any cost (e.g. a record attempt) then this might be the ticket!