This program, billed “the best fucking 12 weeks of powerlifting you’ll have all year” is a powerlifting peaking program best suited for meet preparation. This is not designed for running back to back, as it accumulates a significant amount of fatigue throughout the duration of the program. [Read more…]
12 Week Powerlifting & Strength Program Spreadsheets
Here is a filtered list of 12 week powerlifting and strength programs.
Don't see the program spreadsheet you're looking for?
Lift Specific 12 Week Programs
This is the free program spreadsheet collection offered on Blaine Sumner’s site.
- linear progression program
- high frequency program
- off-season program
- equipped lifting program
- bench-only program
All of the above programs are 12 weeks in length and are programmed off of percentages of the lifter’s training max. [Read more…]
Created by Coach Gayle Hatch, the Hatch Squat Program is fairly straightforward:
- Train the squat 2x per week for 12 weeks
- Each training session programs front squats and back squats
- The Hatch Squat Program uses a descending pyramid rep scheme
- The athlete will attempt a 103% of 1RM squat in week 11
The Hatch Squat program would be useful for intermediate and advance lifters looking to break through a plateau on their squat. Because of it’s 1:1 rep ratio between the front and back squat, it’s written more with weightlifters in mind, not powerlifters. It could be effective for off season powerlifting training though. [Read more…]
Used by Gene Bell Jr. to prepare for a powerlifting meet, this program consists of one weekly squat workout over the course of 12 weeks to increase the 1 rep max by over 6%.
- Squat 1x weekly
- 12 weeks in length
- Most work is done in 60-80% range, with final 4 weeks starting at 92.5% and working up
Update: Rounded off weight values to the nearest 5 to clean the spreadsheet up.
Brad Gillingham’s 12 week raw bench program is a no frills bench-only program that incorporates a heavy day and a volume day into a 2x weekly program. [Read more…]
To best understand Sheiko’s training methodology, Lift Vault highly recommends you read or listen to his interview with Omar Isuf.
Sheiko programs are powerlifting programs attributed to Boris Sheiko, renowned Russian powerlifting coach. His programs are known for their high volume and great results for those who can complete them.
More of a loose working template than a strict program, many different variations of Sheiko powerlifting programs have been circulating Internet forums for years.[Read more…]
- May 18, 2020
- Added a section for “Key GZCL Concepts & Program Differences” which is a great overview of the different GZCL program options.
- I removed the spreadsheet previews for most of the spreadsheets because of negative impact to page load speed, especially for mobile users. All of the spreadsheets are still there, you will just need to click on the Google Sheets link with the green icon.
- In depth post on GZCLP programs added to new post