Greg Nuckols released 28 program variations through his site, Stronger by Science. While these programs were released for free, I strongly recommend you check out The Art & Science of Lifting and the free lifting guides he authored. See also: Greg Nuckols High Frequency Program (free spreadsheet). [Read more…]
Lift Specific Program Spreadsheets
Looking to hone in on a specific lift or movement? Check out these programs to take your squat, deadlift, bench (and more!) to the next level.
Specific lift programs:
- Squat-only program spreadsheets
- Bench press-only program spreadsheets
- Deadlift-only program spreadsheets
While the Texas Method has long been a popular intermediate program for graduates of Rippetoe’s Starting Strength or other novice programs like Strong Lifts, a popular Texas Method variation to emerge has been the Cowboy Method.
Included here are the Original Cowboy Method and a Modified Cowboy Method. [Read more…]
- June 1, 2019 – Seriously cleaned up the spreadsheets. Bundled the 4 day, 5 day, 6 day squat, and 6 day deadlift versions into one spreadsheet collection. Deleted some stuff that was duplicated. The page should be a lot easier to read and navigate now.
- March 27, 2019 – Cleaned up formulas in PPL + BBB Spreadsheet
- February 10, 2019 – Added PPL + BBB Spreadsheet
- January 10, 2019 – Added Advanced NSuns Program Spreadsheet
n_Suns (aka 2_Suns) assembled a 5/3/1/ LP spreadsheet complete with 4, 5, and 6 day variants in addition to deadlift and squat specific workloads to help everyone get stronger.
If you haven’t already, check out Jim Wendler’s classic strength books:
Use the table of contents to jump to your desired spreadsheet or read on below to learn about which nSuns program you should run.
Whether it is run for the squat, deadlift, bench, or all three (known as the Extended Russian Power Routine), the Russian Squat Program (aka Russian Squat Routine) is a brutal peaking program that will help boost maximum strength when prepping for a meet.
Never programming below 80% of the lifter’s 1RM, those that complete this 6 week program can typically expect 5-10% improvements on their 1RM.
The Magnuss Ortmayer (Mag/Ort) deadlift program is a brutal deadlift-only program that has helped tons of lifters add serious weight to their deadlift. If you’re looking to build out your work capacity for deadlifts, this is a great option. This is either an 11 or 12 week deadlift program depending upon if you desire to test your maxes on week 12.
Written and popularized by Redditor Matt Disbrow (aka /u/mdisbrow) – the Deathbench program is a disciple of the “if you want a bigger bench press, bench more” church.