This is a 13 week program created by Barbell Medicine for Alan Thrall of Untamed Strength. Below you will find a video overview of the program, which is very important for understanding how the program works. [Read more…]
The Strength Athlete (TSA) released their 9 week beginner powerlifting program (aka general beginner approach) as a follow up to their successful 9 week intermediate powerlifting program. Like the intermediate program before it, the beginner program is structured as a 4 day, 9 week program, but also includes a 4 week peak if preparing for a meet. [Read more…]
November 18, 2019 Update: Added Bench Press Only Program
To best understand Sheiko’s training methodology, Lift Vault highly recommends you read or listen to his interview with Omar Isuf.
Boris Sheiko, legendary Russian powerlifting coach, is renowned for the success of his athletes and the volume of his programs. More of a loose working template than a strict program, many different variations of Sheiko powerlifting programs have been circulating Internet forums for years.
- I removed the spreadsheet previews for most of the spreadsheets because of negative impact to page load speed, especially for mobile users. All of the spreadsheets are still there, you will just need to click on the Google Sheets link with the green icon.
- In depth post on GZCLP programs added to new post
- February 26, 2019 (fixed GZCL Jacked & Tan 2.0 spreadsheet – thank you /u/steve_dc)
- February 10, 2019 (added GZCLP)
- January 1, 2019 (added Jacked and Tactical variation)
Developed by Dr. Layne Norton, PH3 (named after power, hypertrophy, and the “big three” lifts that make up the foundation of the program) is for advanced lifters (Wilks > 350) that cycles through accumulation, transition, intensity, and tapering weeks to accumulate fatigue, spark overcompensation, and build muscle.
Ah, yes. The infamous Smolov program for squats and Smolov Jr for squat and/or bench. If you’re willing to build these lifts at any cost (e.g. a record attempt) then this might be the ticket!