In the world of lifting, the SBD knee sleeve was the undisputed champion for maximum support in the squat.
In 2016, Mark Bell’s STrong Knee Sleeve became IPF Approved, setting them up to battle with SBD for the title of “Best Knee Sleeves” in the industry.
So which is better?
Here are two reviews comparing the SBD knee sleeves vs. Strong knee sleeves:
Chris Duffin – SBD Knee Sleeves + Strong Knee Sleeves Review
- At very heavy weights, they feel about the same
- STrong sleeves felt slightly more supportive
- STrong knee sleeves feel stiffer than SBD knee sleeves
- At the same size (example: size large), the STrong knee sleeves are slightly tighter than SBD sleeves
BarBend: SBD Knee Sleeves vs Strong Knee Sleeves Review
BarBend declares that both knee sleeves are nearly identical and both high quality.
- Both 7mm neoprene and well-manufactured
- SBD is slightly more comfortable
- STrong is slightly more stable, feels like a light knee wrap
Ultimately, both are a great knee sleeve. SBD is generally more trusted in the lifting community and is built upon years of experience, but Mark Bell’s Strong Knee Sleeves are stiff competition. It really comes down to personal preference (personally, I use SBD knee sleeves and love them).