Following his advanced deadlift program and advanced squat program, Jonnie Candito’s advanced bench press program is a bench-focused program for athletes looking to bust through stubborn plateaus. The program is explained in great detail in this PDF. I have pulled out some of the most important parts in the below overview [Read more…]
6 Week Powerlifting Program Spreadsheets
Here is a filtered list of powerlifting programs that last for 6 weeks.
Don't see the program spreadsheet you're looking for?
Lift Specific 6 Week Programs
Created by the legendary Jim Wendler, who wrote the 5/3/1 programs and inspired other programs like GZCL and NSuns, Building the Monolith is designed for advanced athletes looking to break through plateaus, not novice or intermediate lifters. For a bench-focused variation of this program, check out Benching the Monolith. [Read more…]
The original strains of what became the Russian Squat Routine, the 1974 and 1976 USSR “Yearbook” routines are very specific and should only be used when preparing the squat for competition. These are not general, off-season programs to be run repeatedly.
- 1974 is a 3 week program, 1976 is a 6 week program
- Both are high itensity; but 1976 stays at or above 80% of 1RM for all 6 weeks of the program
- 1974 dips into the 60% range on the lighter workout days, but stays at or above 75% the rest of the sessions
- 1974 works primarily with 3-5 rep ranges, 1976 works with significantly more sets of 2 reps, likely as a result of the higher intensity
- 1974 comes with two 3 week flavors that can be run sequentially (flavor 1, then flavor 2), repeatedly (flavor 1 or 2, then repeat for the next 3 weeks) to achieve the 6 week cycle
This 6 week program is designed to help peak the bench press, squat, or deadlift. It is based on training twice each week: once heavy, once light. After 6 weeks, it aims to increase your 1 rep max by 5%.
Written by John Robbins and published by Dennis B. Beis in an early 1990’s issue of Natural Bodybuilding, the 6 week power bench press program is a peaking program designed to end the 6 week cycle with a new 1 rep max. [Read more…]