Dorian Yates’ 1987 to 1992 workout routine is an advanced bodybuilder routine that he followed during the middle of his competitive bodybuilding career. [Read more…]
Recommended Bodybuilding & Hypertrophy Workout Programs
- PHAT Workout Program
- PHUL Workout Program
- KIZEN 4 Week Powerbuilding Preview
- Metallicadpa 6 Day PPL (aka Reddit PPL)
About Bodybuilding Routines
A bodybuilding program is designed to induce hypertrophy in the athlete's muscle, stimulating muscular growth. This is often done by exercising each body part approximately twice per week in a "splits" that target certain groups of muscle per training session.
Except in the case of the big 3 compound movements, bodybuilding routines rarely focus on working off of a percentage of a lifter's one rep max because they include so many accessory movements where a 1RM isn't always helpful. Instead, the number of sets, amount of rest in between sets, and rep ranges are often manipulated to induce hypertrophy. Of course, the weight lifted helps achieve this goal too.
Want more? Search the Lift Vault Program Library!
Search the Lift Vault Program Library to find the exact program you're looking for based on many criteria (e.g. experience level, days per week, and much more).
The latest bodybuilding & hypertrophy programs are available below.
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s workout routine known as “Golden Six” is a 3 day beginner bodybuilding routine that can be run indefinitely. It was used in the early days of Schwarzenegger’s training before he started higher volume training programs. [Read more…]
Vince Gironda’s 8×8 and 6×6 workout routines are advanced and intermediate level bodybuilding routines designed to shock your muscles into growth. They are old school bodybuilding programs that have become the stuff of legend.
I will be sharing spreadsheets for a few different variations of Vince Gironda’s workout routines, along with links where you can do some additional reading. [Read more…]
Calum von Moger’s workout routine is a 5 day body part split that focuses on chest, back, shoulders, legs, and arms.
You’ll find a spreadsheet for Calum’s bodybuilding routine along with a day by day breakdown below. [Read more…]
Kai Greene’s workout routine is a 5 day intermediate to advanced level bodybuilding program. It is a body part split that targets a different muscle group each day. [Read more…]
Simeon Panda’s 5 day workout routine is a high volume bodybuilding program built around a relatively small number of exercises per training session. [Read more…]
The man, the myth, the legend: 8 time Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman. This is a brutal bodybuilding program inspired by the man some consider to be the GOAT bodybuilder.
This is an intermediate/advanced level workout routine with 6 training days per week – it is not for the faint of heart. [Read more…]
Bodybuilding Workout Routine FAQs
- What is a bodybuilding program?
- What is a good bodybuilding program for beginners?
- Will I get stronger running a bodybuilding program?
- If you are currently untrained, yes, running a bodybuilding program will increase your overall strength. If you measure strength based on one rep max or weight lifted in the 3 to 5 rep range, then no, a bodybuilding program will not likely increase your strength. They can, however, improve your work capacity, which can later lead to strength improvements.
- Will I lose weight running a bodybuilding program?
- Weight loss is predicated upon burning more calories than the amount consumed over time. Any exercise program can assist with burning calories, but the other critical component of this equation is diet. If you eat enough, you can gain weight while running a lifting program. Use a TDEE calculator and calorie tracker to help meet your weight loss goals.