Garrett Blevins is a strength training coach, powerlifter, and co-creator of the Juggernaut A.I. training system. Below are three different powerlifting programs that he shared for free: an early novice powerlifting program, a late novice powerlifting program, and an early intermediate powerlifting program. [Read more…]
3 Week Powerlifting Program Spreadsheets
Here is a filtered list of powerlifting programs that last for 3 weeks.
Don't see the program spreadsheet you're looking for?
Lift Specific 3 Week Programs
In October 2015, Greg Nuckols published a very popular article titled “Your Drug Free Muscle and Strength Potential: Part 2.” In it he laid out the foundations for a high frequency training method.
It’s a pretty cool article because it includes a strength potential calculator that tries to estimate what percentage of a person’s maximum potential they’ve currently achieved per lift. If an individual is below 80% of their potential, they generally respond well to high frequency training. [Read more…]
The original strains of what became the Russian Squat Routine, the 1974 and 1976 USSR “Yearbook” routines are very specific and should only be used when preparing the squat for competition. These are not general, off-season programs to be run repeatedly.
- 1974 is a 3 week program, 1976 is a 6 week program
- Both are high itensity; but 1976 stays at or above 80% of 1RM for all 6 weeks of the program
- 1974 dips into the 60% range on the lighter workout days, but stays at or above 75% the rest of the sessions
- 1974 works primarily with 3-5 rep ranges, 1976 works with significantly more sets of 2 reps, likely as a result of the higher intensity
- 1974 comes with two 3 week flavors that can be run sequentially (flavor 1, then flavor 2), repeatedly (flavor 1 or 2, then repeat for the next 3 weeks) to achieve the 6 week cycle
Daily Undulating Periodization or DUP is a scientifically proven method to get stronger, making it ideal for athletes, powerlifters, and anyone looking to gain strength.
Ah, yes. The infamous Smolov program for squats and Smolov Jr for squat and/or bench press. If you’re willing to build these lifts at any cost (e.g. a record attempt) then this might be the ticket!