A progression from the recommended Ivysaur 4-4-8 Beginner Strength Program, the Ivysaur intermediate aesthetic program is a 5 day per week linear progression hypertrophy program. On it, you’ll be adding weight to your lifts every 3 weeks. [Read more…]
Powerbuilding Program Spreadsheets
A powerbuilding program blends principles from powerlifting and bodybuilding to achieve significant gains in both strength and muscular hypertrophy. In other words, you'll be strong and look strong. Powerbuilding routines often incorporate both low volume, high intensity powerlifting movements with higher volume accessory movements that support the squat, bench, and deadlift while also achieving aesthetic goals.
Popular Powerbuilding Routines
- PHUL Workout Program Spreadsheet
- Kizen 4 Week Powerbuilding Spreadsheet
- PhatBurn Program Spreadsheet
- Brian Alsruhe Powerbuilding Program
- Brogains Powerbuilding Program
Want more? Search the Lift Vault Program Library!
Search the Lift Vault Program Library to find the exact program you're looking for based on many criteria (e.g. experience level, days per week, and much more).
The latest programs are also available below.
This is a collection of some of the most popular 3 day training programs available on Lift Vault.
Beginners or novice lifters should check out GZCLP, Westside for Skinny Bastards, and GreySkull LP.
Those with some experience under their belt might want to check out Greg Nuckols 28 Programs, Texas Method, Madcow, SPF Powerbuilding, or the 16 Week Powerlifting Academy Program.
More experienced lifters should check out [Read more…]
9/14/19 Edit: Fixed a whole bunch of errors on the spreadsheet. It works as expected now. If you happen to see anything else, please let me know on the feedback form. Thanks to the person who used the form to let me know!
The 6 day PPL program known as the “Reddit PPL” or “Metallicadpa PPL” is a great workout routine for those looking to increase strength and gain size. Several different spreadsheets have been created for this program, which I go into a bit below. I’m bringing forth a new and improved version here after being frustrated by the shortcomings of past efforts. [Read more…]
Edit 9/22/19: Fixed an issue with the inputs. Using a “.” (i.e. period, full stop) is now supported in the 1RM input fields.
This program is an 8 week hypertrophy training program inspired by Reddit user and strength coach /u/BigCoachD. Good for off-season powerlifting training, bodybuilding, or anyone looking to increase their work capacity and get bigger.
A 4 day split workout program is an exercise regimen that targets different muscle groups on different training days. Body parts are “split” into different training days, allowing recovery of those muscle groups while others are being worked in the next training session. Still, the term is somewhat flexible and can be applied to many different types of training. [Read more…]
- What is powerbuilding?
- Powerbuilding is a term used to describe training styles that incorporate both higher intensity, lower volume rep ranges (power) with lower intensity, higher volume rep ranges (bodybuilding) .
- Is the powerbuilding training style new?
- No. The term has become increasingly popular within the fitness community since 2013, but the training style is not new.
- How do I know if a powerbuilding program is right for me?
- The best answer is to try one. By actually running a program, you can see what works for you, what does not, and make adjustments from there. You should not run a powerbuilding program if you’re preparing for a powerlifting meet. If you’re lifting to get stronger or add muscle, chances are a powerbuilding program could help you achieve that.
- Can I lose weight while running a powerbuilding program?
- Yes, you can lose weight running any program. Weight loss depends on the number of calories you’re eating vs. the number of calories you’re burning each day. It could, however, limit your strength gains. Click to learn more: Gaining Strength During Weight Loss