The PRIME powerbuilding program is a 4 week training routine designed to increase the one rep max of the squat, bench press, deadlift and overhead press and build muscle mass. It is similar to 5/3/1 in that it follows a 4 week cycle and focuses on one compound lift per training session.[Read more…]
Powerbuilding Program Spreadsheets
A powerbuilding program is a training routine that combines principles from powerlifting and bodybuilding to achieve significant gains in both strength and muscular hypertrophy. In other words, you'll be strong and look strong. Powerbuilding routines often incorporate both low volume, high intensity powerlifting movements with higher volume accessory movements that support the squat, bench, and deadlift while also achieving aesthetic goals.
Popular Powerbuilding Routines
- PHUL Workout Program Spreadsheet
- Kizen 4 Week Powerbuilding Spreadsheet
- PhatBurn Program Spreadsheet
- Brogains Powerbuilding Program
- Upper/Lower Split Program Collection
- Reddit PPL
- Starscream Hypertrophy Program (more hypertrophy focused, less power focused)
Questions? Ask the Forum
Head over to the Lift Vault forum to ask the community and connect with other lifters.
Want more? Search the Lift Vault Program Library!
Search the Lift Vault Program Library to find the exact program you're looking for based on many criteria (e.g. experience level, days per week, and much more).
The latest programs are also available below.
One of the most popular styles of split workout is the upper/lower split routine. An upper/lower split is a workout routine that focuses on a single portion of the body per training session, either the upper body (e.g. chest, back, biceps, etc.) or lower body (e.g. hamstrings, quads, glutes, etc.). [Read more…]
A 3 day split workout is a training routine that divides the exercises into three training days per week. 3 day split programs tend to work multiple muscle groups each training session, making them an efficient training option.
This is a collection of some of the most popular 3 day training programs available on Lift Vault.
Beginners or novice lifters should check out GZCLP, Westside for Skinny Bastards, and GreySkull LP.
Those with some experience under their belt might want to check out Greg Nuckols 28 Programs, Texas Method, Madcow, SPF Powerbuilding, or the 16 Week Powerlifting Academy Program.
More experienced lifters should check out [Read more…]
The 6 day PPL program known as the “Reddit PPL” or “Metallicadpa PPL” is a great workout routine for those looking to increase strength and gain size. Several different spreadsheets have been created for this program, which I go into a bit below. I’m bringing forth a new and improved version here after being frustrated by the shortcomings of past efforts. [Read more…]
- What is powerbuilding?
- Powerbuilding is a term used to describe training styles that incorporate both higher intensity, lower volume rep ranges (power) with lower intensity, higher volume rep ranges (bodybuilding) .
- Is the powerbuilding training style new?
- No. The term has become increasingly popular within the fitness community since 2013, but the training style is not new.
- How do I know if a powerbuilding program is right for me?
- The best answer is to try one. By actually running a program, you can see what works for you, what does not, and make adjustments from there. You should not run a powerbuilding program if you’re preparing for a powerlifting meet. If you’re lifting to get stronger or add muscle, chances are a powerbuilding program could help you achieve that.
- Can I lose weight while running a powerbuilding program?
- Yes, you can lose weight running any program. Weight loss depends on the number of calories you’re eating vs. the number of calories you’re burning each day. It could, however, limit your strength gains. Click to learn more: Gaining Strength During Weight Loss