Starscream is the brainchild of /u/benchpauper, who concocted such popular spreadsheets as the MEGAZORD hybrid strength program.
Starscream is a 12 week hypertrophy program, training 5 days per week. It’s set up as a 5 day body part split, working the following muscle groups each day:
- Monday: chest/triceps (bench)
- Tuesday: hamstrings/glutes (deadlift)
- Wednesday: shoulders/triceps (incline bench press)
- Thursday: quads/core/abs (squat)
- Friday: chest/triceps (bench press)
If that’s a little too high frequency for you, check out a collection of 4 day splits.
Starscream General Notes
The program comes with the following notes within the spreadsheet:
- This is a hypertrophy program. Maxes are listed just for record-keeping. If you set new maxes, that’s cool, but it’s not designed for that.
- Set true maxes in pounds on the Master sheet, cells C4:C7
- If you don’t use Freedom Units (lb) and want the rounding to work properly, change cell C7 on the Master sheet to 2.5 and enter weights in commie units (kg).
- Change the date in cell A13 on the Master sheet if you want the dates to be accurate.
- YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE ANY GRINDERS ON THE MAIN LIFTS ON THIS PROGRAM. Keep the big 3 conservative, not aggressive.
- Log your top set every day. Backoff weights will calculate a range based on what you hit that day.
- When doing backoff work, choose set/rep ranges and weight based on what feels good that day. Choosing lighter weights should allow you to do higher sets/reps, but listen to your body.
- Don’t be afraid to increase/decrease volume from week-to-week. Waving volume can be good for recovery/progress.
- Sub assistance work as desired to hit weak points, or drop back work on certain days if you’re dying.
Starscream Program Spreadsheet