If you’re a fan of Frankenstein-esque hybrid programs, then Megazord may be exactly what you’re looking for. Written (or maybe concocted is a better word…) by /u/BenchPauper on Reddit, this program combines the Coan/Phillipi Deadlift Program, Greg Nuckols’s 2x weekly Intermediate Bench Program for OHP from his 28 Program Collection, and Ben Gillingham’s Raw Bench Program.
The results? Well, see for yourself….
Megazord Program Inputs
- Deadlifts = Coan/Phillipi (program link)
- OHP = Greg Nuckols 28 Programs (2x Intermediate) (program link)
- Bench Press = Ben Gillingham’s Raw Bench Program (program link)
Megazord Program Structure
- 12 weeks in length
- 5x weekly workouts, Monday through Friday
- Based on 1RM % inputs for the individual athlete
- Can be easily adjusted on the “Master” tab for switching to KG (2.5 rounding) or LP (5 rounding)
- Squats are programmed between 60% and 70%, with lots of pause squat and SSB squats included for variation and volume
- Bench Press intensity ranges from 60% up to 80% on light days and from 80% to 105% on heavy days
- Deadlifts are programmed 1x weekly at no less than 80% throughout the 12 week program
- OHP intensity also remains fairly high, ranging from 80% to 105% of initial 1RM values
MegaZord Program Spreadsheet