The Strength Power and Fortitude (SPF) 4 week powerbuilding program by Brogan Pratt is an off season program for powerlifters designed to help build base strength and work capacity. It can be run as a 3 day or 4 day program and resets every 4 weeks, using an AMRAP set on week 4 to gauge progress.
SPF Powerbuilding Program Overview
- 3 day or 4 day program
- Squat, bench, and deadlift each get their own day (bench 2x on the 4 day version)
- Major lifts are trained between 67-69% of the athletes 1RM
- AMRAP set on week 4 helps determine how to increase 1RM training weight for the next program cycle
- Accessory movements are added after each major compound movement to develop hypertrophy
- If you’d like more information about powerbuilding, see our article on what powerbuilding is
More detail about the program is available on Brogan Pratt’s site.
SPF Powerbuilding Spreadsheet
via Brogan Pratt