This Chinese Olympic weightlifting program is a 3 day, 4 week peaking block designed for competition preparation. It was originally designed for school-aged lifters that were only able to train 3 days per week.
Table of Contents
- 4 week peaking mesocycle
- 3 training days per week
- Trains a variety lifts, but is designed to peak the snatch and clean & jerk
- Trained lifts include the snatch, clean & jerk, power snatch, power clean, snatch pull, clean pull, deadlift, Romanian deadlift, back squat, front squat, hang snatch, push press, and press.
Note About Training Loads
There are a few instances in the program where it calls for multiple reps with 100% of a lift’s 1RM. Obviously this is not possible, but it was left in the spreadsheet because that is how the original program was written.
In these instances, there will be a row added beneath the “impossible row” that says “OR 5×3 @ 85%.”
Alternatives to performing 5 sets of 3 reps at 85% include:
- Performing multiple sets of 3 reps, ramping up to a 3RM.
- Using another rep scheme entirely, ideally one that utilizes heavy triples.
- Using a range of loads in the 80% to 85% range for sets of 3 reps.
If you need help with your lifting technique, consider these helpful “how to” guides for the push press and power clean.
Source: OWL Sheets
Stuck? Consider an Online Weightlifting Coach
Get a training block designed for you buy Olympic weightlifting medalist Oleksiy Torokhtiy.
Includes weekly analysis of your main lifts, personal e-mail check-ins, and more.
A 12 week Olympic weightlifting peaking program with 5 training sessions per week.
Built to help you smash new PRs in the Snatch and Clean & Jerk in 12 weeks.
Recommended for competition prep.
This 12 week Olympic weightlifting peaking program modifies the special preparation exercises, volume, and intensity to maximize results for women weightlifters.
Consisting of three 4 week mesocycles (general preparatory, special preparatory, competition), this program is designed to help you prep for a competition and set new PRs.