This is a 13 week 3 day Olympic weightlifting program designed by Oleksiy Torokhtiy. It is a well-rounded base program, training a variety of snatch variations, clean variations, and squat variations in addition to back accessories.
- The program is 13 weeks long.
- The program has 3 primary training days per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday).
- If you have extra time, you can perform the Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday workouts, but they are optional.
- There is a fair amount of exercise variety in the program, but here is general breakdown of exercise frequency for the three primary training days:
- Back extensions: 3 times per week
- Snatch + variations: 3 times per week
- C&J + variations: 3 times per week
- Squatting: 2 times per week
- If you see an “X” it means to choose the weight yourself.
- If you see “for technique” beside an exercise, it means to use less weight, slow the movement down, and focus on executing the lift with perfect form.
- The rep scheme is weight x reps x sets.
Programming Back Squat Loads Using Clean & Jerk 1RM
You may see some notes in the program or the original article on All Things Gym about how the first 4 weeks of the program use the C&J 1RM to calculate back squat loads. Users pointed out that this often led to the back squat loads being too light, so Oleksiy updated this starting in week 5. I went ahead and updates weeks 1-4 so that all weeks calculate back squat loads based on the back squat 1rm.
If you’re reading the above and are confused, don’t worry about it. Just plug in your maxes, follow the program, and you’ll be good. I mainly wrote that for folks that poke around in the spreadsheet formulas.
Spreadsheet via All Things Gym, which also has an interesting comments section for the associated article.
Stuck? Consider Help from an Online Coach
Get a training block designed for you buy Olympic weightlifting medalist Oleksiy Torokhtiy.
Includes weekly analysis of your main lifts, personal e-mail check-ins, and more.
A 12 week Olympic weightlifting peaking program with 5 training sessions per week.
Built to help you smash new PRs in the Snatch and Clean & Jerk in 12 weeks.
Recommended for competition prep.
This 12 week Olympic weightlifting peaking program modifies the special preparation exercises, volume, and intensity to maximize results for women weightlifters.
Consisting of three 4 week mesocycles (general preparatory, special preparatory, competition), this program is designed to help you prep for a competition and set new PRs.