Prep10 is a 10 week powerlifting peaking program designed for beginners and intermediates. It uses block periodization to take the lifter through a 5 week hypertrophy mesocycle, followed by a 1 week transition mesocycle, a 3 week intensity mesocycle, and a 1 week deload. This program could be used to peak for a meet taking place on week 11 (assuming week 10 is the deload week).
The program was created by Lift Team 6.
Table of Contents
The number of training days per week depends on which mesocycle you’re working on within the program.
- 5 training days per week during the hypertrophy mesocycle
- 4 training days per week during the transition week
- 3 training days per week during the intensity mesocycle
The hypertrophy mesocycle lasts for five weeks and makes up the largest portion of the program. It has five training days per week.
- 3x weekly squat
- 2x weekly deadlift
- 3x weekly bench press
- 1-2x weekly overhead press
- Intensity ranges from 60% to 90% of 1RM
- Most sessions consist of training two core lifts followed by two accessory movements.
- Some accessory lifts use a % of 1RM if they are a close variation of a core lift, otherwise they use RPE.
The transition week has four training days. As you probably guessed, it lasts only one week.
- The program notably calls for 2×2 @ 100% on the bench press on the first training day.
- The rest of the lifts will be trained at 95% on days 1 and 2.
- Days 3 and 4 consist of testing new maxes. These new maxes will dictate the loads used for the remainder of the program.
The intensity mesocycle lasts for three weeks before a deload week. It has three training days per week.
- Intensity ranges from 85% to 97.5% of 1RM
- The block consists entirely of singles, doubles, and triples
- Accessories are still programmed, but their volume is dialed back as well.
- The overhead press is dropped from the program at this point, as it is not a competition lift.
A deload week follows the intensity mesocycle.
No accessories are programmed during this week and the main work consists of doubles and triples for each competition lift at 85% of 1RM.
Test Week or Meet Week
Week 11 can either be a test week or a meet week, depending on if you have a powerlifting meet. If you have a meet, the program provides recommended openers. You can also use the powerlifting attempt calculator created by The Strength Athlete.
Program and spreadsheet created by Lift Team 6.