Table of Contents
Powerlifting Academy 16 Week Program Overview
- 3x weekly training
- Competition lifts are the primary focus, but the following variations are also used:
- Pause squats
- Bench Press
- Bench press, closer grip
- Bench press, close grip (what is often called CGBP)
- Deficit deadlifts (3-6cm deficit)
- Deadlift from boxes (8-12cm raised from floor, i.e. rack pulls)
Powerlifting Academy 16 Week Program Tips
- A good training plan is important, but you can’t predict how your whole training cycle will go. It is important to listen to your body and dial back when necessary.
- Sometimes, it’s better to push the training back a day or two or to lower the weights.
- A coach or good training partner is very important. He will notice things you don’t and advise you what went wrong. In absence of both, it is recommended to film your workouts for later reviewing.
- You should be able to complete the workouts in 90 minutes. If the workouts are taking too long, consider reducing some assistance exercises and improving your overal conditioning / work capacity.
- The assistance lifts are chosen to target weaknesses that lifters very often posses. You should insert your own exercises to work on your own weaknesses.
- Very young or senior lifters have the option to reduce the workload by 1-2 sets on all the lifts.
Powerlifting Academy 16 Week Program Spreadsheet