There’s a ton of creatine research backing up the efficacy of this supplement in strength athletes looking to get stronger (and who isn’t?).
And what if you need your creatine fast?
Don’t worry, Amazon Prime has you covered for your creatine powder and capsule needs.
Not signed up for Amazon Prime? Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Creatine Monohydrate vs Creatine HCL
- If you don’t have issues with digesting creatine monohyrdate, then stick with monohydrate.
- If you’ve never taken creatine before, start with creatine monohydrate.
- If you’re having digestive issues as a result of creatine consumption, try creatine HCL.
- For the average individual, creatine HCL is nothing more than a bitter flavor and a higher price tag.
Scientifically, creatine HCL adds a hydrochloride group to the monohydrate, resulting in a lower pH, more acidity (i.e. tastes worse), and significantly higher water solubility. This higher solubility has led to suggestions that creatine HCL is more easily absorbed by the intestines and therefore a lower dose can be taken vs. creatine monohydrate. What exactly this means with respect to athletic performance and muscle recovery is… unclear. This post goes into greater detail on it if you’re interested.
Best Creatine on Amazon Prime
- Bulk Supplements – Creatine Monohydrate Powder, 1000g [CHEAPEST]
- BSN – Micronized Creatine Monohydrate Powder, 60 Servings
- Optimum Nutrition – Micronized Creatine Monohyrdate Powder, 600g
- CON-CRETE – Creatine HCL, 48 Servings
- BPI Sports – Micronized Creatine, 600g
- Optimum Nutrition – 2500mg Creatine, 100 Capsules