This is a variation of Tactical Barbell programming combined with the GZCL program framework. It only programs the bench press and squat movements. Deadlifts are not included. This is ideal for athletes that are either unable to deadlift or looking to focus primarily on improving their bench press and squat. [Read more…]
12 Week Squat Program Spreadsheets
Here is a filtered list of powerlifting squat programs that last for 12 weeks.
Don't see the program spreadsheet you're looking for?
Created by Coach Gayle Hatch, the Hatch Squat Program is fairly straightforward:
- Train the squat 2x per week for 12 weeks
- Each training session programs front squats and back squats
- The Hatch Squat Program uses a descending pyramid rep scheme
- The athlete will attempt a 103% of 1RM squat in week 11
The Hatch Squat program would be useful for intermediate and advance lifters looking to break through a plateau on their squat. Because of it’s 1:1 rep ratio between the front and back squat, it’s written more with weightlifters in mind, not powerlifters. It could be effective for off season powerlifting training though. [Read more…]
Used by Gene Bell Jr. to prepare for a powerlifting meet, this program consists of one weekly squat workout over the course of 12 weeks to increase the 1 rep max by over 6%.
- Squat 1x weekly
- 12 weeks in length
- Most work is done in 60-80% range, with final 4 weeks starting at 92.5% and working up