This post was updated on January 5, 2020 after I analyzed over 300 pre workouts to find the best ones. The pre workouts you see below have been updated to reflect those findings – the entire list has changed. Of course, all of the pre workouts available below are still available on Amazon Prime.
Pre-workout is a great way to get an extra edge in your workouts. Its ingredients can give you an extra boost of energy (caffeine), expand your blood vessels (L-citrulline), and increase muscular endurance (beta alanine).
Unfortunately, pre workout can also get a bad reputation because many suppliers will jack up the price, add lots of unnecessary filler ingredients, and basically just make up a lot of BS special ingredients that either don’t do anything or aren’t even dosed properly.
To get around this you can either make your own preworkout or checkout the list of Amazon Prime’s most effective pre workouts below. You’ll be killing long workouts and crushing PRs in no time.
Best Value Pre Workouts on Amazon Prime
- Man Sports – Game Day Pre Workout ($1.15/serving)
- I picked this one up when I saw what a good deal it is and really enjoy it. Very strong, especially for the price. I have a fairly high caffeine tolerance (I take about 800mg a day) and this is solid. Regular folks might be happy with a 1/2 scoop too. [Full Review]
- Dymatize – PRE W.O. ($0.89/serving – Orange Crush flavor only)
- Hi-Dosis – PRE Workout ($1.40/serving)
- Outbreak Nutrition – Pathogen ($1.33/serving)
- Nutrex Research – Outlift ($1.50/serving)
If you’re looking for caffeine & stimulant free pre workout on Amazon Prime, Legion Pulse Stim Free is the best available on Amazon Prime.
Not signed up for Amazon Prime? Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
What Makes an Effective Pre Workout?
These pre workouts were chosen for two reasons:
- Effective dosing of caffeine, beta alanine, and L-citrulline (or similar ingredients).
- Clearly labeling doses of the above ingredients, not relying upon mysterious “proprietary blends” that make it impossible to understand what’s going into the pre workout.
- Some of the below pre workouts still have some proprietary blends, but they don’t hide the most important ingredients in them.
The latest research supports the following pre-workout ingredient doses:
- Caffeine – 200mg
- Beta Alanine – 3 to 4 grams
- L-citrulline – 6 to 8 grams
So ideally your pre workout will meet those doses, but in reality a pre workout will often have enough (or more than enough) of one ingredient (usually caffeine) and may skimp on the beta alanine or L-citrulline.
The below pre workouts are some of the few pre-workout supplements on Amazon that meets or exceeds these recommended doses for all three ingredients.
From there, I looked at the price per serving to show you the most effective, highest value pre workouts on Amazon Prime.
These aren’t budget pre workouts that don’t deliver the goods. They’re fully dosed and not overpriced. Enjoy!