The latest free program from Kizen Training, Infinite Off Season, is geared for intermediate powerlifters training between competition cycles.
The basic breakdown of the Infinite Off Season program is as follows:
- 4x weekly training sessions
- squat twice per week
- deadlift twice per week
- bench twice per week
- Sets start with 5 reps @ 70% and end with an AMRAP set
- If your AMRAP set had 8 or more reps. Move up 2.5% the next week.
- If your AMRAP set had 5-7 reps, stay at the same percentage.
- If your AMRAP set had 4 or less reps. Move down 2.5% the next week.
- Increases are calculated automatically in the program spreadsheet below
- Every 6 weeks, the athlete can either test their 1RM or deload (a deload spreadsheet is also included)
To get the full details, sign up for free with Kizen Training.
Kizen Infinite Off Season Reviews
“I liked it. My only potential issue with it is that it is extremely submaximal. You’re gonna lift between 70-80%. I found that in the lower end of that range I’d get sometimes 15 or more reps on the amrap sets, meaning the 5’s sets were literally rpe0. That’s probably not optimal.
That said I did make some decent gains off of it.” – from BodyBuilding.com
“PR alert! So today it was time for some max out fun. No idea what to expect but safe to say I’m super stoked about my bench gains. I just benched a 15kg!! PR and busted through that elusive 2 plate barrier like a freight train. Super happy.
Kind of misgrooved the 100kg attempt but could correct it fairly easily, then smoked 102,5 and 105 so went for a bigger jump to 110, that felt heavy but felt like I had a little more so tried 112,5 and got that as well. All attempts on vid.
Squats were kind of weird. Had to squat beltless bc mine broke a while back. I thought I smoked 140 for a beltless hibar pr, but at 142,5 I lost all tightness and just flopped down on the safeties. Wanted to try it again and slowed the descent down a touch and it was slightly better but still no chance. With a belt I felt like I could’ve gotten maybe 5-10kg more so all in all I’m not displeased. Did some random backoff work after. 100kgx15 was amrap but cardio rather than my legs were limiting. ” – from BodyBuilding.com