This is a spreadsheet for the Armstrong Pull Up Program. It is a 5 day per week program designed to improve an athlete’s pull up strength.
Armstrong Pull Up Program Overview
- Day 1: Complete 5 AMRAP sets
- Day 2: Start with 1 pull up and rest 10 seconds. Then do 2 pull ups and rest 20 seconds, and so on, until failure. Then decrease reps by 1, reducing rest periods by 10 seconds per set along the way, until back down to 1 rep.
- Day 3: Complete 3 sets of pull ups using three different grip variations (wide, neutral, supine). A supinated grip means the palms will be facing your body, similar to the grip used in a barbell curl.
- Day 4: Select a training max (e.g. 5 reps) and complete as many sets as possible until failure.
- Day 5: Complete 5 AMRAP sets
Armstrong Pull Up Program Spreadsheet