This is a twice per week, 9 week conjugate strength program that only programs for the squat and deadlift. It was put out by Nick Spataro and you can see his video overview of the program below. [Read more…]
Conjugate Periodization Powerlifting & Strength Training Programs
Below you'll find powerlifting and strength training programs that utilize conjugate periodization.
If you don't find the conjugate periodization program you're looking for, check out the Lift Vault Program Library, which lets you search based on periodization type, training days per week, and much more.
Brian Alsruhe’s conjugate program is a 16 week, 4 day per week strength program that utilizes conjugate methods (dynamic effort, max effort) to stimulate strength gains. It makes heavy use of resistance bands and chains so it is recommended that these are used when following the program.
Max effort days [Read more…]
Westside for skinny bastards (WS4SB) was developed by Joe DeFranco in 2008 as an effective strength training program for beginner athletes. Below you’ll find two different spreadsheets / templates for the program.
A few things to clear up up front:
- Westside for skinny bastards is not a powerlifting program.
- The program is geared for general strength enthusiasts, from high school students to working professionals.
- While inspired by Westside Barbell Club, it is not affiliated with Westside or Louie Simmons.
- Like Westside, WS4SB is a templated approach to lifting – not a strict cookie cutter program based strictly on percentages of 1RM. This will require you to do a little reading and interpretation to follow it. Don’t let this intimidate you! It’s a well documented program.
Dark Horse Program Overview
Notes directly from Brian:
- Fill in your competition lifts and 1RMs in the spreadsheet
- In each wave, for each of the first 4 days, set your conditioning workout
- Pick a variation for each ME Wave
- In each wave, for each of the first 4 days, set your antagonistic, core, and conditioning giant set exercise