Designed by the smart folks at Ripped Body, this beginner bodybuilding workout routine is a great introduction to hypertrophy training for novices. The spreadsheet for this bodybuilding program for novices is based on this post shared by Ripped Body. [Read more…]
Powerlifting Programs that use RPE
Below you'll find powerlifting programs that use RPE to calculate a significant amount of the programmed lifts.
If you didn't find the RPE-based powerlifting program you're looking for, try using the Lift Vault Program Library. It lets you search through all Lift Vault programs using lots of different criteria, including how weights are calculated and various program types.
This is a linear progression strength program from Brian Alsruhe. It is the “next level” continuation of the linear progression programming video that he originally published in 2016 (video below). [Read more…]
August 6, 2019 Update: The spreadsheet is now available for copying and sharing. Apologies for the mix up.
A beginner powerlifting program released by Brendan Tietz. A video overview and full program details are below. [Read more…]
Westside for skinny bastards (WS4SB) was developed by Joe DeFranco in 2008 as an effective strength training program for beginner athletes. Below you’ll find two different spreadsheets / templates for the program.
A few things to clear up up front:
- Westside for skinny bastards is not a powerlifting program.
- The program is geared for general strength enthusiasts, from high school students to working professionals.
- While inspired by Westside Barbell Club, it is not affiliated with Westside or Louie Simmons.
- Like Westside, WS4SB is a templated approach to lifting – not a strict cookie cutter program based strictly on percentages of 1RM. This will require you to do a little reading and interpretation to follow it. Don’t let this intimidate you! It’s a well documented program.
Brazos Valley Barbell Intermediate Powerlifting Program Overview
- Written by David Woolson with Brazos Valley Barbell
- 8 week powerlifting program
- 1 deload week
- 5 days per week
- 3x weekly squat
- 3-4x weekly bench press (if counting bench variations like CGBP)
- 2x weekly deadlift
Long program description and video overview are available below. [Read more…]
The Strength Athlete (TSA) released their 9 week beginner powerlifting program (aka general beginner approach) as a follow up to their successful 9 week intermediate powerlifting program. Like the intermediate program before it, the beginner program is structured as a 4 day, 9 week program, but also includes a 4 week peak if preparing for a meet. [Read more…]
Released in 2016 by Jonnie Candito, this is a 9 week advanced squat program. Similar to his advanced deadlift program and advanced bench press program, this emphasizes progression on the squat and places significantly less emphasis on the bench and deadlift. This is geared toward lifters that have plateaued on their squat or are looking to focus on it for other reasons. [Read more…]