This is a 12 week powerlifting peaking program designed by Fred Hatfield. It allows the athlete to input their current 1RM for the squat, bench press, and deadlift and programs every workout until meet day. It also includes a powerlifting meet attempt calculator. [Read more…]
3 Day Workout Plans
3 day workout programs tend to utilize full body workouts during a training week, each multiple muscle groups per workout. They are a great way to organize strength training programs focused on linear progression, as well as many beginner routines for getting stronger and building muscle.
Best 3 Day Workout Programs
- Greg Nuckols 28 Programs (All Levels, Powerlifting)
- Ivysaur 4-4-8 (Beginner Strength/Powerlifting)
- SPF (Intermediate, Powerbuilding)
- Korte 3x3 (Intermediate/Advanced Powerlifting)
- Russian Power Routine (Intermediate/Advanced, Powerlifting)
- Building the Monolith (Intermediate/Advanced Strength/Powerlifting)
- GZCLP (Beginner/Intermediate, Powerlifting, Hypertrophy)
- 5/3/1 for Beginners (Beginner, Strength)
- Schwarzenegger Golden Six (Beginner, Bodybuilding)
- Frank Zane Workout (Intermediate, Bodybuilding)
The latest 3 day workouts are available below.
The 9 week Extended Russian Power Routine is an extended version of the Russian Squat Routine that is designed to peak all three competition lifts. It is extended from the 6 week Russian Squat Routine to allow for more recovery since the lifter will be lifting at high intensity for squat, bench press, and deadlift. [Read more…]
Tim Swords is an olympic weightlifting coach and this is a 7 week squat program he employs. It can be used for the front squat or the back squat, though it is designed to peak the front squat.
These spreadsheets are based off of an interpretation of his work and are not officially endorsed or associated with him in any way. [Read more…]
Westside for skinny bastards (WS4SB) was developed by Joe DeFranco in 2008 as an effective strength training program for beginner athletes. Below you’ll find two different spreadsheets / templates for the program.
A few things to clear up up front:
- Westside for skinny bastards is not a powerlifting program.
- The program is geared for general strength enthusiasts, from high school students to working professionals.
- While inspired by Westside Barbell Club, it is not affiliated with Westside or Louie Simmons.
- Like Westside, WS4SB is a templated approach to lifting – not a strict cookie cutter program based strictly on percentages of 1RM. This will require you to do a little reading and interpretation to follow it. Don’t let this intimidate you! It’s a well documented program.
The All Pro Simple Beginner Routine (ASBR) is a classic strength and hypertrophy workout routine for novices. It supposedly originated on BodyBuilding.com and this particular version was modified a bit by tr3pid.
There is an extensive FAQ section that is copied from the spreadsheet below. [Read more…]
The Strength Power and Fortitude (SPF) 4 week powerbuilding program by Brogan Pratt is an off season program for powerlifters designed to help build base strength and work capacity. It can be run as a 3 day or 4 day program and resets every 4 weeks, using an AMRAP set on week 4 to gauge progress.[Read more…]
GZCLP is a linear progression strength program for beginners. It is a simpler variation of the GZCL program methodology with more rapid progression. The GZCLP program is available in three day and four day versions. It is highly customizable, allowing the individual to select a variety of lifts to perform over the course of the program.[Read more…]
Powerlifting Academy 16 Week Program Overview
- 3x weekly training
- Competition lifts are the primary focus, but the following variations are also used:
- Pause squats
- Bench Press
- Bench press, closer grip
- Bench press, close grip (what is often called CGBP)
- Deficit deadlifts (3-6cm deficit)
- Deadlift from boxes (8-12cm raised from floor, i.e. rack pulls)